News EDEN Kolpa. Feel the river.
While meeting hospitable people, their culture and heritage, and enjoying the abundance of culinary specialties, you will come to a conclusion that you will surely come back again. Here life really has a different pace.
CULTURE AND EVENTS
- VINSKA VIGRED - Vinska Vigred (Wine Spring) is taking place every year on the third weekend in May in the old town core of Metlika. Festival of wine and culture offers educational, culture, recreation and entertainment program on three squares. The event represents the greatest viticulture tourist manifestation in Slovenia. www.vinskavigred.com
- JURJEVANJE IN BELA KRAJINA is the oldest folklore festival in Slovenia, taking place in Črnomelj every last weekend in June. Numerous children and adult folklore ensembles from Slovenia and abroad represent their traditional dances, music and songs. It is accompanied by artisans fair, rich gastronomy, art exhibitions and workshops. www.jurjevanje.si
- SEMIŠKA OHCET - Traditional wedding ceremony of town Semič is preserved and performed annually on the third Saturday of July.
- PRANGERJADA – Every year in the mittle of July is in Predgrad culture and entertainment event, which promote medieval customs and traditions.
- TAMBURANJE VA KOSTELE – ethnological and cultural event “Tamburanje va Kostele” takes place in Fara near castle Kostel every year on 15th August.
- TEDEN PORTUGALKE – Wine tourism event to promote new (jung) wine Portugalka, which is the first red wine in autumn. Event is every year first weekend after 15th October. There are wine makers from Bela krajina who promote theirs wine Portugalka.
- MARTINOVANJE – Wine event around St. Martin’s Day (11th of November) in Črnomelj with rich cultural and music program.
- Every week there are numerous cultural, sport, mucic and other events all across the region. You can ask for info at tourist information centres.
Back to news